Monday 22 October 2007

Kaiji's Fallen Dragonaut Pieces are Reborn!

I finally caught up to the current One Piece episodes the other day, And I had mixed feelings once I got there. Firstly I was happy, I can start some of the new series' and the second was that now I have to wait week after week for episodes. Its unfair, One Piece is too damn hardcore, I need much more.

To get over this, I tried another (fairly) long running series, 50 odd episodes with no sign of stopping, Sounds good, Of course I was talking about Katekyō Hitman REBORN!. I'm currently on the second episode and it is mildly entertaining. My trustworthy source of Wikipedia says that the first 18 episodes is the 'introductions' and then it shall get going by my suspicions.
Anyway, Reborn appears to have just dropped out his mothers womb and climbed his way to one of the Mafia's Higher up in what seems to be a matter of weeks. With several sorts of weird gizmo's, Reborn doesn't disappoint. He is around to train up Tsuna to become the 10th Vongola boss.
This series is first and foremost a comedy series, So I don't expect much in terms of long running continuity and action, At that, I am currently throughly enjoying the series as far.

As for the fall season, I started Dragonaut: Resonance and Kaiji. The latter being much better by far. It having a totally original drawing style, with a genre/storyline that I haven't really seen anything off as far in the otaku world.

Dragonaut does look like any other anime to be totally honest, The characters look a bit horizontal for my likings [Strange Sentence]. But I will keep going with it for a few more episodes to give it a chance to shine. The dragon? seemed pretty cool, and the inner romance story might intrigue me.

xx

No comments: