Tuesday 23 October 2007

I Couldn't Resist

I just finished Ghost Hound, The latest anime by Production I.G from the Ghost in the Shell fame. And to say the least, I'm stunned. The animation is beautiful and the story is just beginning. So many questions need to be answered.

The first episode mainly consisted of the introduction of Komori and a few other scenes consisting of other characters that will probably come into play much later in the series. We find out that the protagonist Komori has narcolepsy. Whenever Komori falls asleep he becomes what seems to be a 'Ghost Hound' But as of now a 'Ghost Hound' could and probably is a metaphor for something very different.
We also learn that a tragic incident happened in Komori's life eleven years ago, Him and his sister appear to have got abducted and only him surviving and his sister never to be found again. From what I can see, The girl Komori goes to when he is in his 'Ghost Hound' form is his sister. Yet he can't do anything about it.


So many questions its impossible to list them all down, Even after one episode of this I can firmly say that this is (as suspected) the best series along with Kaiji from this fall anime season. I can't wait for more.

No comments: